Mixxx is an efficient and very compatible software application that fits with Live365 for "Live" mixing as well as mic voice-overs and basic automation. As long as you encode the Icecast (Version2) stream, you are all set. When downloading the Mixxx software take note to which version you are using (32 or 64 bit). Here are step by step instructions:
1. Open the Live365 Broadcaster dashboard here. (Login Required)
2. Locate the Station Information area as shown below:
3. Next, Click on the “Live Stream Details” Tab in red.
4. The “Live Stream Details” window should appear similar to the one shown below.
5. In Mixxx, locate the “Preferences" tab, under the Options section.
6. Scroll to the bottom to find the Live Broadcasting option
7. Select live broadcasting and you will see a panel where you will add the information from the Live Stream Details on your Live365 Broadcasting page.
Please Note: You need to add a "/" before the mount point name. On the Login section you need to add "Source". Please remove the ""s when adding.
8. After all the settings are done you will need to add the MP3 encoder. You will need to go to this website: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-libraries.php as Mixxx does not own rights to redistribute MP3-Lame.
9. Next, from this page, you will need to add the correct files from the version of mixx you had downloaded (either 32 or 64 bit)
10. When you have downloaded the .zip file, open the file and move the files into your Mixxx folder:
11. Now close and reopen Mixxx. You will now be able to Broadcast live by clicking "Enable Live Broadcasting" tab under the "options" menu.
By pushing a stream, you will override any scheduled events and AutoDJ in the Live365 Broadcaster.
Live365 Broadcaster may be used as a fallback, in the event your Mixxx application crashes or goes offline.
Please remember: you must send valid metadata for copyrighted content (Artist - Title).